The 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn is one of three properties in the Wedgwood Collection of Historic Inns. We have been called the "quintessential American B&B's," known for friendliness, warm hospitality and attentive service.
Travel bloggers Katie and Jesse recently uploaded this video onto YouTube about the Wedgwood Inn of New Hope and our adjacent Umpleby House and Aaron Burr House Inn.
Please Note: In most cases, images are 300 dpi. To save a picture to your computer, right-click on either the thumbnail or larger image, then left-click Save Picture As. To contact us with any questions or requests for higher resolution images please email us at email@example.com
Adjacent to the Umpleby House is the two-story 1890 Carriage House
Adjacent to the Wedgwood House is the Umpleby House, a circa 1833 Classic Revival plaster-over-stone manor house, on the National Registry of Historic Places. Each one of the inn's eight guest accommodations has a distinct personality. Rooms are graced with fresh-cut flowers all year long and are hand-painted / stenciled by a New Hope artist. Guest rooms feature antiques, original art, scented English soaps, plush towels, extra pillows plus brass ceiling fans, and some have private porches, 2 person Jacuzzi tubs, and/or fireplaces.
Situated near the heart of New Hope's 240 building National Register historic district, the Wedgwood Inn exhibits a flourish of later Victorian architectural features including a cruciform floor plan, deep eaves, projecting two story bay window, a wraparound verandah with scrolled brackets, porte-corchere, and a gazebo which serves as an alternative breakfast area.
We are pleased to have been selected as the only Bucks County area inn to be featured on the travel blog entitled, Sleep Here Now.
featuring upscale & luxury lodging
Jacuzzi Suites * Fireplace Rooms * Porches/Balconies
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Inn
An Inn for All Seasons
111 W. Bridge Street, New Hope, PA 18938
Rendering by Aaron Fryer
The clipped (or hipped) gables are said to echo the distinguishing feature of a building known as the "old hipped roof house," upon the foundations of which the Wedgwood was constructed circa 1870. According to local tradition, General Alexander, Lord Sterling, quartered in this earlier structure while his troops camped across the road prior to the momentous Battle of Trenton in December, 1776. @ Bucks County Conservancy, Doylestown, PA
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Inn © 2015 All Rights Reserved